10 May Spot Prawn Summer Salad
Spot Prawn Summer Salad is big on taste and nutrition. You can experiment with almost any green from your Cultivator, playing with flavours and colours.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 8 cups mixed greens (Micro kale, arugula, spinach and mustard greens from the Urban Cultivator and baby romaine)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 20 spot prawns
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Fresh salt and pepper to taste
- Prep your spot prawns (instructions here). Remove heads and peel tails.
- Add all dressing ingredients except oil to blender and blend until smooth. Leave the blender on and gradually add the olive oil until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns in batches. Cook each prawn for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until pink and firm. It’s best to undercook rather than overcook.
- Add prawns to salad, drizzle with dressing and enjoy!