15 Dec Sushi Bowl with micro-amaranth
Nothing beats a delicious sushi bowl. We love to top it off with amaranth! This microgreen is packed with protein and a good source of vitamins A and C. Amaranth is one of the most accessible greens to grow in an Urban Cultivator.
It only takes about 14 days to grow. The Urban Cultivator takes care of the watering, lighting, and temperature, making amaranth a mess-free breeze to grow!
You can adjust the ingredients and toppings according to your taste. Sushi bowls have an unlimited potential!
- 1 cup micro-amaranth
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 2 medium-sized shredded carrots
- 2 chopped cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp. mayo
- 1 can of chickpeas
- First, cook the rice. Boil water in a large pot and pour rinsed rice in it. Gently stir occasionally and cook for 30 minutes. Drain the rice but keep it in the same pot with the lid closed. Let steam for 10 minutes. After that, fluff the rice.
- Add a layer of micro-amaranth on the rice if you desire; otherwise, keep them for toppings
- Slice or shred the carrots and keep them in a bowl for later use.
- Thoroughly wash your chickpeas and drain them. Mix them with the mayonnaise and stir to coat.
- Evenly distribute all the ingredients in a bowl and arrange neatly.
- Thinly slice the avocado and add it to the sushi bowl. Make sure to do it at the end, so the avocado does not go brown.
- You can use garnishes such as sesame seeds, ginger or nori seaweed and add any extra toppings you like!