24 Dec Festive Microgreen Recipes for a Merry Christmas
A multitude of textures and a spectrum of flavors make microgreens the best choice for every occasion. The variety they offer satisfies every taste receptor and simple changes initiated by the inclusion of microgreen ingredients can make a perfect recipe for every individual. That’s why microgreens are perfect for a delicious Christmas dinner or a healthy salad.
Moreover, microgreens are nutrient-dense with a promise of freshness when grown in your kitchen by an Urban Cultivator. This reduces nutrient loss and delivers the finest quality herbs. Also, holidays leave many people with extra pounds, which are hard to shed afterward. You can use microgreens to keep your BMI on an ideal level.
Why use microgreens for Christmas
Undoubtedly, the wise choice for the winter season is to use an Urban Cultivator that ensures a fresh supply of herbs and micronutrients. Pluck them, chop them, make a delicious recipe and enjoy the ultimate bowl with unique flavors.
Microgreens contain potassium, zinc, iron, copper, and magnesium. In a study, greens had a 40 times higher value of nutrients as compared to mature leaves. This makes them an ideal choice for a winter diet when you must watch your weight and need more minerals and vitamins with less intake.
Top recipes for a wonderful holiday season
Let’s give you some ideas about festive microgreen recipes for this Christmas season.
1- Microgreens Salad with mustard
Microgreens are perfect for salads, and the reason for this is their small size, immense nutritional value and diverse taste variety. In this recipe, you can use different microgreens depending on your taste, time of the day, and which one is ready to harvest at that time. Similarly, you can choose from various green dressings for this salad.
- Various microgreens—Lettuces, arugula, radishes, mizuna, etc.
- Finely chopped chives
- Roughly chopped pecans
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic (1 clove)
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper powder
Heat the olive oil on a low flame and add a garlic clove. Cook the garlic for 6-7 minutes till it’s brown. Whisk it in salt, pepper, and mustard then add green onions and pecans to taste. Use microgreens to dress by drizzling them delicately after washing and cutting long pieces to bite-size.
2- Burrata Salad with Chive Microgreens
This delightful recipe relies on the creamy Burrata and blistering cherry tomatoes, while chive microgreens offer small bursts of flavor to seal the deal. With the festive season around the block, you can easily make this recipe with a slight variation of Mozzarella cheese for a unique taste.
- Bunch of fresh chives as per serving
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Three sliced medium cloves of garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- One baguette into thick slices
- One large ball Burrata torn into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 330 °F and boil water in a medium pot. Blanch the chives in it for one minute and then transfer them to ice water for an ice bath. Once cold, make them dry, put them in a blender with canola oil, and blend. Extract oil entirely and remove the solids. Bring this chive oil to room temperature before use.
- Heat oil at high temperature and cook tomatoes without stirring until they blister. Remove the heat, add garlic, and stir until tomatoes become soft. Put again on low flame and stir for 5 minutes before putting them aside.
- Apply olive oil on both baguette slices and bake them on a baking sheet for 6 minutes. Keep flipping until it’s golden brown.
- Top baguette slices with tomato juice and pieces then spread Burrata on top of each toast. Drizzle chive oil and use an appropriate amount of salt and pepper.
Put microgreens on top to enhance the taste and nutrition of your dish.
The festive season is here, and you need some delicious recipes for maximum nutrition and minimum weight gain. Luckily, you can get garden-fresh microgreens from your Urban Cultivator and use them within seconds to preserve freshness, taste and aroma. Happy holidays!