10 May Spot Prawn Crostini Appetizer
Posted at 14:30h in Easy recipes
Spot Prawn Crostini is the perfect appetizer for your spring and summer parties. They’re easy to put together and absolute crowd pleasers.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 24 Crostini
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 baguette
- 24 spot prawns
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Small bunch of peppercress
- Small bunch of mustard
- Prep your spot prawns (instructions here). Remove heads and peel tails.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, pesto and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette and place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with olive oil and broil until lightly browned. About 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add garlic and stir until fragrant. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns in batches. Cook each prawn for 1 to 2 minutes eash side or until pink and firm. It’s best to undercook rather than overcook.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over French bread rounds. Top each round with 1 shrimp and garnish with sprigs of mustard and peppercress.