Assistant Manager for Living Produce Aisle
Believe in a greener world? Enthusiastic about healthy, fresh grown foods and living a healthy life? Enjoy fresh, organic smoothies, juices, and salads and coming up with killer recipes?
We’re Living Produce Aisle—a completely unique concept store where you can purchase fresh herbs and microgreens, smoothies and juices—and we’re looking for an enthusiastic and diligent Assistant Manager to add to our team.
As an LPA Assistant Manager, you can expect to…
- Make delicious and healthy smoothies and food products from our in-store grown greens for our customers
- Work as a team leader to boost company sales by providing & modeling exceptional customer service
- Comprehend, share, teach & implement product knowledge, features and benefits of eating green and Urban Cultivator’s vision
- Work with your team, teach, and model all store procedures, protocols, and programs
- Create relationships with customers by following up on their purchases and recommending products
- Process cash outs and bank deposits
- Plant and maintain the herbs and microgreens in the Cultivators, as well as to clean the Cultivators themselves
- Review store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the team
- Communicate ideas to the store manager for broader areas of improvement
- Order supplies, maintain inventory & assist in scheduling if needed
- Arrange deliveries, pick ups and some restaurant sales/promotion
You were probably born an LPA assistant manager if…
- You love health and wellness and really live the lifestyle
- You have experience in retail, restaurant, or hospitality management/leadership
- You have previous cash handling experience
- You have experience with POS systems and cash out procedures
- You are a positive people-person who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are great at customer service and can anticipate customers’ needs
- You are highly motivated and have no qualms with taking initiative because you are a hands-on person
- You are a killer problem-solver and have an ownership mentality
- You understand that you can’t wear cut-off shorts to work and what “work appropriate-attire” means
- You are fluent in English and can roll your R’s (just kidding about the R’s)
- You have experience in horticulture (this isn’t crucial, but part of our wish list)
- You have Level 1 Food Safety Certificate and Level 1 First Aid (another part of our wish list)
Here's why you might want to work for us:
- We’re fun. Just ask our store manager to tell you that joke about the chicken crossing the road.
- We want to change the world, one flat of microgreens at a time. Sustainability & health are important to us, and we recycle and compost almost everything.
- Our parent company, Urban Cultivator, has been getting a lot of attention since its creation in 2010. You’ll be a part of a growing company, which is exciting any way you look at it.
- You can grow in this role, we are rapidly growing and expanding world wide. This role can grow in any direction you can envision & work towards.
Compensation is $18 per hour, plus bonus structure.
Our mission is simple: we want to provide for each and every family access to healthy and organic herbs, vegetables, and microgreens, while reducing our carbon footprint. We want to create a wholly sustainable culture where delicious, fresh food is the focal point.
We are a progressive employer that likes to promote from within; we offer a full benefit program, opportunity for educational and job advancement, and support employees' personal and life pursuits for greatness.
Check us out on our website:
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and references via email in PDF format. Thank you!