Spot Prawn Summer Salad is big on taste and nutrition. You can experiment with almost any green from your Cultivator, playing with flavours and colours.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 8 cups mixed greens (Micro kale, arugula, spinach and mustard greens from the Urban Cultivator and baby romaine)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 20 spot prawns
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Fresh salt and pepper to taste
- Prep your spot prawns (instructions here). Remove heads and peel tails.
- Add all dressing ingredients except oil to blender and blend until smooth. Leave the blender on and gradually add the olive oil until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns in batches. Cook each prawn for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until pink and firm. It’s best to undercook rather than overcook.
- Add prawns to salad, drizzle with dressing and enjoy!